Federal Government Public Advisory Committees
- 1989 Member, Expert Committee in Diagnostics and Vaccines for Human and Animal Disease. Programme on Biotechnology for Latin America and the Caribbean. United Nations University. Tokyo, Japan.
- 1990-present Ad hoc reviewer. Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACyT) (National Council of Science and Technology). Mexico, D.F..
- 1996-1994 Member, Scientific Committee for Mexico, International Molecular Epidemiology task Force. INDRE-University of Pittsburgh.
- 2001-2002 Ad hoc reviewer, National Posgraduate Program in Biology and Chemistry for SEP-CONACyT (Ministry of Education and National Council in Science and Technology) Mexico.
- 2001-2003 Ad hoc reviewer, Health and Medicine Committee CONACyT (National Council in Science and Technology).
- 2003 Ad hoc reviewer, National Award in Natural, Physics and Mathematics Sciences (Ministry of Education and Presidency of Mexico) Mexico.
- 2005 Member, Special Committee for the appointment of the Director of the Center for Research in Malaria, National Public Health Institute. Tapachula, Chiapas. Mexico. (Ministry of Health) Mexico.
- 2010 Ad hoc reviewer for the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Argentina. Argentina.
- 2009-2011 Member, Commission for Awards of the Mexican Academy of Science.